Rethinking newspapers & magazines to engage and inform today’s hurried readers.
Creating user experiences that reach new media consumers more effectively.
Designing cutting-edge storytelling for tablet &
TAKEAWAY: When Joe Zeff spoke to my Columbia University class a few weeks ago, he mentioned the term appumentary in the midst of his presentation. Students were on alert, and so was I. What an apt way to describe the style of storytelling that involves the app and the documentary. Now he shows us what an appumentary is.
- Type attacks can come to rescue of that front page
- Last Week Tonight: more than a satire?
- The iPad turns 4: Five lessons we have learned
- Multimedia storytelling: don’t overdo bells and whistles
- How should students present their work?
iPad Design Lab: Storytelling in the Age of the Tablet
The hands-on guide by Mario R. García to designing engaging and easy-to-use tablet news apps is now available on the iBookstore for iPad, as well as in a basic version for Amazon Kindle and Google Books. The iPad edition features video walkthroughs, audio introductions to each chapter, swipeable slideshows, a glossary and a sophisticated look and feel.